Dryness of the feet is a common problem suffered by most people. If the skin on your feet gets too dry, it may split apart and result in dead skin cells. Your heels may get cracked or, you may develop a layer of dead skin, and these are signs which indicate that you have dry feet. In this article, we shall discuss the various causes of dry feet and how to deal with this problem!
Causes of Dry Feet
Some reasons for dry feet are as follows.
- Dehydration: Sweat glands are present in our feet, but oil glands are absent in our feet. It is the reason why our feet get dry if we do not use a moisturizer.
- Dead Cells: You may have dead cells in your feet. Exfoliation of dead skin cells is necessary if you do not want to suffer from cracked heels, and your feet may ache while walking.
- Weather: The cold or dry weather can often lead to cracked heels and dryness of feet.
- Pressure: If you put too much pressure on your feet, your feet may get dry. It can also happen from standing for long hours.
- Obesity: If you are very obese, your feet may get dry as they have to bear too much weight of your body.
Home Remedies for dry feet
You can treat your dry feet at home in the following ways:
- Put petroleum jelly of any kind on your feet, and wear socks at night. It will help you get soft feet.
- If your feet have become too dry, keep your feet soaked in water and shampoo solution for a few minutes. Then use a loofah or pumice stone to remove the dead skin cells. After that, put a moisturizer and lotion on your feet.
- If there are deep cracks in your heels that are bleeding, go for a liquid bandage, and it will help your feet recover from dryness.
- If you want to remove dead cells from your feet, use oatmeal to exfoliate your feet regularly. Then, use a moisturizer to keep the skin of your foot soft and moist. You may use coconut oil, olive oil, or Shea butter as a moisturizer.
- If you stand for too long, you may feel a burning sensation and tremendous pain in your feet. Use Listerine mixed water and soak your feet in it. It will not only kill the germs but also give you relief from the pain, and it will also keep your feet moisturized.
- Now, if you want to remove dead cells with the help of a razor, use it on your cracked heels the same way you do for removing hair from your skin. It will help to get rid of the dead cells of your feet effectively.
- If you want to remove dead cells using baking soda, put two to three spoons of it in a foot tub and keep your feet soaked in the mixture for 20 minutes. Then, you can remove the dead cells of your feet using a foot brush or pumice stone.
Hence, the reasons mentioned above for dry feet and how they can be cured by following some simple methods and processes. So, make the most of it and keep your feet clean and healthy.