Knee pads offer protection of knees from any injury caused by falling or any sort of outbreak. The knees are the most vital portion of our body to stand straight. So it's necessary to protect your knees. Knees need to be safeguarded during training or sports, and a knee pad is essential for its protection. Apart from that, people who are suffering from knee pains are suggested to use a knee pad. Thus a knee pad has various benefits in our life, and hence is advisable to use them whenever required.
Type Of Knee Pad
There is a variety of knee pads available in the market. Let's see the classifications.
- Padding caps – They are soft, comfortable and smooth. During movement, the padding caps are beneficial. If one wants to crawl on the carpet of the garden, one can use these padding caps. They are light in weight. However, they are not recommended to be used when involved or working on heavy projects.
- Shell caps – The knee pads with shell caps are made with carbon or plastic fibre. These are strong and can be easily used on rough surfaces like roofs or construction-related works.
- Hex caps – Hex cap knee pads are more reliable at sports like weight lifting, boxing, volleyball, etc. These kinds of pads are majorly developed for athletes.
Uses Of Knee Pad
Knee pads have many contributions, and some of them are mentioned below.
- Injury Reduction – In 1992, the 'New England Journal Of Medicine' had announced that among a large number of athletes, around 30% had to suffer knee injuries for the lack of using knee pads. Actually, in sports, the knee has a vital part. The knee consists of the ligament, which is responsible for the joints and all together for our movement. The sports like volleyball, cricket, weight lifting can affect more on knees. So to decrease the injury, knee pads are a must.
- Support for Knee Joint – The knee pads are great support during exercises and any sports. After wearing it, your bones can feel confident to fight in any condition or any injury. Ordinary activities never are practical on the knee joints. But for the construction works, mount climbing needs the support of the knee joint that the knee pads can provide. The knee pads can prevent separating the patella from the knee joint.
- Give Comfort to the Knees – With the growing age, people become weak. Vitamins, minerals, calcium will decrease at a certain age, and a little effort can be heavy on the knee. So, the aged people can use knee pads for Comfort walking.
- Keeps your knee warm – The knee pads can cover your knees from catching a cold. It can maintain the warmth around your knees.
Knee pads are beneficial for a trained athlete, but they can be necessary for beginners during practice. So keep using knee pads to keep your knees safe. It is advisable to choose knee pads from the best companies in the market.