Each workplace has different conditions; safety shoes play a crucial role in ensuring employee safety. Safety shoes are available in various styles, designs, and features with protection specially designed for each environment. It could be a difficult task to choose the right safety shoes, especially when looking for an option that can provide safety and comfort. Some have the requirement of light safety shoes, such that it does not put much weight on workers and enables them to work freely in the factory. However, it is not an easy task to accomplish. Most safety shoes are made of heavy and robust material, so it could be tricky to find the lightest safety shoes. Before you get on with your search for lightweight safety shoes, let us understand the important key features of safety shoes for your workplace.
Key Features of safety shoes
- Electrical Hazard protection – Helps protect open electrical circuits with less than 600 volts under dry conditions.
- Static dissipative – These shoes provide electrical resistance with an upper limit of 100 megohms and are commonly worn in industries with paints, plastics, and explosives.
- Conductive – Helps protect against the build-up of static electricity and is useful in environments with flammable items under construction or dealing with heavy charged equipment or circuits.
- Waterproof – Key feature of safety shoes and helps keep the insole dry and prevent water penetration by use of waterproof fabric in footwear.
- Slip-resistant – most safety shoes are explicitly slip-resistant and reduce the risk of slipping in wet and greasy work.
- Insulated – Safety shoes have insulating material to keep the foot dry and warm.
- Puncture resistant – Another key feature of safety shoes is that it protects the insole by reducing any impact from sharp objects that could penetrate the sole and cause wounds underneath the foot.
- Multiple widths – Safety shoes offer the right fit and can be customized as per the foot size. Some of the boots have widths starting from narrow to extra-wide.
- Plain-toe–safety shoes also offer protection against rolling ankles and abrasion, making them sturdy and robust.
- Composite toe – Safety footwear can also be designed for the composite toe.
- Metatarsal Guard – Commonly used in heavy manufacturing industries, welding, and foundries, safety shoes also protect the toes and metatarsal bones.
- Steel toe- Safety shoes are also useful for protection against compression and impact. The steel toe is one of the most common safety shoes and protects the foot from falling and rolling objects.
- Alloy toe- made of lightweight material such as aluminum and titanium, alloy toe shoes also provide a light and comfortable design.
Brands with best lightweight safety shoes
If you are looking for the best lightweight safety shoes, some of the options that can be scrolled through has been mentioned below;
- Fuel Shoes Boulder Outdoor Boots
- New Balance Men's MID627V2 Work Shoe
- Timberland PRO Men's Powertrain Sport Alloy-Toe Safety Sneaker
- Skechers for Work 77055 Cankton Athletic Steel Toe Work Sneaker
- KEEN Utility Men's Flint II Low Steel Toe Waterproof Non-Slip Work Shoe
- Caterpillar Men's Brode Steel Safety Work Shoe
- Reebok Work Men's Soyay RB1910 Skate Style EH Safety Shoe
- Harley-Davidson Men's Static Steel Toe Shoe
You can choose one of the safety shoes from the brands mentioned above and stay assured of keeping your foot all protected and safe at work.